The e-learning culture has lately matured. It is roughly estimated that by 2019, almost half of all the college classes will be based on e-learning. This evolution is largely attributed to some of the popular Learning Management Systems. LMS, in fact, has become the new norm in e-learning.
In this article, we shall present the top 10 LMS platforms and a detailed LMS comparison which will help you choose the ideal LMS option and take your learning to the next level.
Adobe Captivate Prime:
$4 per month for every registered learner
Deemed one of the best LMS platforms, Adobe Captivate Prime lets you set up, deliver, and track learning modules in a self-sufficient manner. By dint of some of its attributes like gamification and mobile learning, it ranks as the first choice of the new generation of learners.
Adobe Captivate Prime has options to present the learning content in 10 different languages, which helps the administrators to manage native versions of a single content item. It, therefore, largely serves the global audience.
Equipped with a Fluidic Player and Intuitive Dashboard, this LMS platform is easy to install and manage. The best part is, you can even download the content and work offline, which will automatically sync and track the progress when you log in the next time.
$370 per month for 1000 active users
This is one of the best learning management systems and is endorsed by some of the renowned companies like Thomson Reuter’s, Bloomberg and Sharp. The three main principles of this popular LMS platform are- Learn, Coach and Share.
Following are the separating variables that make Docebo stand out-
- Attractive gamification and Instructor-led classroom training features
- Third party integration and web conferencing
- E-commerce and unique certification design
Free version available to 5 user and 10 courses
One of the easily operable cloud-based Learning Management Systems, Talent LMS is widely known for its enterprise-friendly attributes like course management features, mode of delivery and white-labeling.
Given below are some of the salient features of Talent LMS-
- Customization, Mobile Accessibility, Analytics: Owing to its responsive design, Docebo can be accessed from any device. It also provides simple and detailed analytics report.
- Course Management and Content Interoperability: With Talent LMS, it is easy to integrate existing material into LMS.
- Blended Learning: Pupils may opt for either ILT or blended learning as per their requirements.
The Academy LMS:
This was first developed by Growth Engineering, a UK-based learning provider in the year 2016. It is mainly known for its intensely gamified and riveting social Learning Management System. This top LMS platform is characterized by-
- Intuitive learner dashboard: Its learner dashboard includes to-do lists and an open library.
- Gamification and engagement: A unique feature of its gamified modules is the badges and leaderboards ensemble that attracts all categories of readers.
- Classroom management and assessment: Compared to the contemporary LMS platforms, the Academy LMS has a superior assessment toolkit. Its classroom management features support both instructor-led and blended learning.
Comparison of top LMS platforms is incomplete without a mention of ExpertusONE. A user-friendly LMS software, it finds wide applications in industries like Software and Technology, Retail, Energy and Utilities and Manufacturing.
Some of the key features of this popular LMS interface are as follows-
- Mobile Application Features: Users are offered a mobile-friendly interface with add-ons like voice-based search, integrated e-commerce tool, location mapping and mobile analytics.
- Reporting tool: “ExpertONE Insights”, the reporting tool, give you access to learner statistics and knowledge asset demand.
- Built-in virtual conferencing tool: With this tool, you can host meetings without the need for third-party web conferencing tools.
Basic plan: $50 per month
Plus plan: $75 per month
A critically acclaimed cloud-based LMS software, Administrate has multi-lingual support features and is responsive, that is, it can be accessed from any mobile device.
Two unique features of this top LMS platform are-
- Multi-lingual support: Administrate offers lessons in multiple languages spanning from Hindi, Spanish, Japanese to Chinese, French, Portuguese and so on.
- Customization and reporting: Users can filter data as per their needs by virtue of the reporting tools. One can also choose from a wide variety of colours and themes to customize the LMS interface.
$100 per month for 1-50 users
One of the most popular and professional Learning Management System in the market, Dokeos has worked miracles in the Healthcare and Manufacturing sectors. The following features make it one of the best LMS options-
Dokeos Manager offers a number of attractive features like-
- Lessons offered in 10 languages
- Portal Customization
- Social learning tools
This is a useful tool for online facilitators who wish to seamlessly host their online lessons and carry out HD video and audio communication with their learners.
This is a learner engagement tool that helps you assess the soft skills of your learners.
Packages start from $2500
PROPEL is a top Learning Management System and a distributed software that manages your learners and also helps expand your customer base.
Two distinct features of PROPEL are-
- Distribution: The unique distribution features of PROPEL enables you to sell your courses through B2C and B2B channels.
- Business support services: PROPEL offers business analytics and strategic planning tools along with reporting features and financial services to increase your sales.
Bronze plan- $249 per month
Silver plan- $499 per month
Gold plan- $749 per month
This is another learner-oriented cloud-based LMS platform with the following unique features-
- Integration: Popular integration features like API, Webhook and SSO are present.
- Security and Scalability: This is ensured by HTTPS TLS data encryption.
The top LMS comparison necessarily entails Fuse Universal and its features. Based on a robust content management platform, it has the following features-
- Unique customization and communication features
- Reports, Analytics, and e-Learning content uploading
Bringing it all together
If you are a keen e-learner planning to make the most out of LMS platforms, study this top 10 LMS platforms comparison carefully and make a wise choice.